Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hinc Spes Effulget

Hence Hope Shines Forth!

Well that's it....I'm done! The show is now in your very capable hands.

From an audience point of view, the show looks great. The set, the costumes, the props, the lighting.... it all works really well. As regards the acting..... I couldn't be happier. Act One last night was a joy from start to finish. I watched the whole of it with a big grin on my face. Act Two needs a little stepping up in vitality, but I think the adrenaline and the buzz off the crowd will take care of that. What is up on that stage is exactly what I envisioned when we set out 12 weeks ago. I want the audience to feel that they are watching a Malory Towers book coming to life, and to give them that wave of nostalgia that brings them right back to the days when they would read those sort of books under the covers with a torch. In short, I feel that we have created a lovely piece of theatre.

So go out there tonight and bring the house down!

Break a leg, (or like Trixie, at least pretend to damage an ankle!)

Love you all,

Paul

No comments: